welcome

dear viewers... karibuni katika blog yetu. kwa mawasiliano zaidi utatupata kwa email nicarwag@gmail.com. simu 0758921901

Friday, May 27, 2011

from presenting at Clouds FM to managing events

Very fussy with how she presents  her work,  she is a person who prefers things done in a certain way and not anyhow. A very open person to people that she  comes to trust, she is organized, neat and  a bit nasty when it comes to confrontation, though she is not difficult to get along with.

She is owner and managing director of the PR and events firm, One Plus Communication. Fina Mango, whose entire working experience is tied to two places, from 1999 when she completed high school education and joined Clouds Fm as trainee presenter.

“I have worked at Clouds ever since until my hastened departure in 2008. With Clouds I held various posts, from being a presenter to studio manager where I handled all matters that concerned presenters and their working environment. Then I moved to managing Clouds Fm's marketing and corporate events for the duration of my employment,” she said.

In 2007 Fina started to her own PR and events firm she is  currently running, specializing in managing events for corporate entities along with corporate communications or public relations requirements.

“1Plus Communication is my heartbeat right now. I have only one objective really, to grow and grow and grow, ” she said.

Up to creating and managing her own firm, Fina Mango was influenced by one person, who taught and shaped her to be a good entrepreneur.

“Ruge Mutahaba is the one. He taught me most of what I know today in the business for this market, and gave me the survival instincts I practice daily. I owe a lot to him. The culture that he cultivated in  us at Clouds FM  is what I am still holding on today, with a touch of reality of course with my team,” she explains.

Being a small business, cash flow can be a serious set back. Fina identifies this as one of the key challenges in her career. She says that sometimes clients take up to  three months to make payments and during the peak season she might have three to four jobs at the same time and they all expect their events to take place and payment to come after. This way, stress becomes part of the job.

“It’s a tough market but I am grateful because I have a dedicated and hard working team, and we have always managed to satisfy our clients by more than 90%, if I should say so myself,” she affirms.

This has given Fina and her team an edge and managed to retain most of their clients and get new business from word of mouth.

Fina says that to hold 1Plus Communication is a big achievement to her. She has a  latest entry and chapter in life, namely a beautiful baby, Ben Joseph Lemm Mango.

“He is my pride and the new reason to continue working hard and never put my guard down. I love him to bits,” she explains.

Fina said that it feels good to be able to have a say what happens and goes on in your life financially. Securitywise,  she advises women not to wait for the “gender wagon” to progress in life or to obtain the life they desire. Women should work and earn what they want in the old fashioned manner.

“New challenging projects for 1Plus Communication and one more baby with God’s blessings, is the only future plans I have right now,” she says.

No comments: